Looking for a new favorite comfort food? I got this vegan sizzling tofu recipe for you right here. We make it every time we feel like we need something saucy, crispy and comforting. Which means that we make it usually on Sundays, after a night out.
It’s definitely not the healthiest dish on this blog, because of the high amount of oil that goes into making this recipe. That’s why I wouldn’t recommend making this your everyday dinner, but do try this out if you’re looking for comfort food.
Add some sliced fresh jalapenos for a nice hot dish, or spice it it up just a little by adding a pinch of dried chili flakes.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @chill_itsvegan on Instagram and hashtag it #chill_itsvegan. We’d love to see what you cook!
Spicy Sizzling Tofu
- 1 block tofu
- 1 large onion
- 150 grams mushrooms
- 150 grams bell peppers
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 200 ml plain vegan mayo
- 150 ml high heat cooking oil (sunflower,rapeseed)
- Cut the tofu into cubes, and fry in high heat oil until light brown. Easiest way to do this is to pour some sunflower oil into a medium saucepan and adding the tofu to the hot oil in batches. Set aside.
- Add the soy sauce and the garlic powder to the mayo and mix well. Set aside.
- Cut the mushrooms into cubes, this will add some more texture to the dish.
- In a pan, add the onions and cook until the onion is transparent. Add the mushrooms with the bell peppers and cook until tender.
- Add the mayo sauce and let simmer for 3 minutes, add the tofu and simmer until the tofu has absorbed most of the sauce.
- Serve with rice on the side.