Oatmeal is the easiest breakfast to put together and it will make you feel full for a good while. It is is my go to breakfast when I know that there might be some time before my next meal.
I tend make oatmeal more during the winter, because I like to feel warm in the mornings. During the summer I typically make overnight oats, which is served cold. I feel like cooking the oats in plant milk instead of water gives it a more softer taste. Top it off with some cinnamon and some berries and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this quick and filling oatmeal recipe!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @chill_itsvegan on Instagram and hashtag it #chill_itsvegan. We’d love to see what you cook!
Easy Blueberry Oatmeal
Servings 2 people
- 200 grams oats
- 250 ml Plant based milk
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp maple/agave/sugar syrup
- cinnamon to taste
- fresh berries
- Start by heating up the plant milk, add a pinch of salt. Once the milk is almost boiling add in the oats and mix.
- Let it simmer until you see big bubbles starting to pop. Once that happens, remove from heat, cover it and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- If the oatmeal is too thick, add some more warm milk to thin it.
- Serve with some cinnamon, syrup and fresh berries.