I love to make this hearty, simple and tasty roasted vegetable soup whenever I feel cold on a chilly day. Here in Norway, the weather can be unpredictable. Some days the temperature might drop to -20 C. Thankfully, I live in the city, so it is usually only about -17 C here during the cold months.
By roasting the vegetables, you give this soup a lot of extra flavor. This soup can be frozen (before pureeing) and stored up to 6 months in the freezer, so you can cook up a little extra and just reheat it when you need it.
Toast some bread on the side and enjoy this simple soup!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @chill_itsvegan on Instagram and hashtag it #chill_itsvegan. We’d love to see what you cook
Roasted Vegetable Soup
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 small onions
- 3 gloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 litre veggie broth
- Add the broth to a medium sized pot and bring to a boil
- Cut the sweet potatoes and carrots into equal sized cubes, halve the onions.
- Add the vegetables and the garlic to the broth along with the spices. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- When the sweet potatoes are soft, remove from heat and add the soup to a blender or use an immersion blender to puree the soup.
- Sprinkle some rosemary on the top and serve with some warm focaccia bread.