I tried making chickpea cookie dough, but couldn’t ignore the overwhelming taste of chickpeas. So I made these crunchy outside, soft inside chocolate chip cookies by adding some oat flour. This snack has some sugar in it, but it can be replaced with whatever sweetener you prefer.
These cookies will actually make you feel full and are a healthier alternative to store bought snacks.
If you’re using canned chickpeas, then be sure to save the liquid and use it for this Easy 5 Minute Vegan Mayonnaise.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @chill_itsvegan on Instagram and hashtag it #chill_itsvegan. We’d love to see what you cook
Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 240 grams cooked chickpeas I used canned chickpeas
- 300 grams oat flour run regular oats through a blender or a food processor
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 50 ml coconut oil any oil will work
- 100 grams chocolate cips
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Add cooked chickpeas to a blender or a food processor with the sugar, baking soda, vanilla and the oil. Pulse until a thick batter forms.
- Add some water to thin it, then add the flour 100 grams at a time. I took it out of the blender and mixed in the flour in a bowl.
- Add more water if too thick. Once you have added all the flour, it should be a thick and hard to mix dough. Add in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out a small handful of the dough and start to roll it in your hands and lay it on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, cool for 10 minutes and enjoy.