Cook up some bulgur, add in all your leftover vegetables and you’ve got yourself a good, healthy and an easy meal. Sounds simple, right? Try it out!
There are so many different variations of bulgur available, but for this recipe I used extra coarse bulgur. It is rougher in texture and needs a bit longer to cook. Adding a little vegan butter while it’s cooking insures that the bulgur doesn’t stick together.
As always, this dish is ideal to pack with you for lunch and work or as a side dish.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @chill_itsvegan on Instagram and hashtag it #chill_itsvegan. We’d love to see what you cook!
Flavored Bulgur with Vegetables
- 250 grams extra coarse bulgur
- 2 tbsp vegan butter or oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 small broccoli head, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 3 gloves garlic
- 3 large mushrooms
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by cooking the bulgur according to the instructions on the package. It’ll take about 15 minutes. Add the butter, paprika powder, soy sauce and some salt to the water to flavor it.
- While the bulgur is cooking, chop all your vegetables and saute them on a wok pan. Cook until the carrots are tender.
- Add the bulgur to the pan and mix it with all the vegetables. Flavor with more salt and pepper or a dash of soy sauce, if needed.